To choose keywords for SEO can be tricky but is the most important puzzle piece for internet marketing. When looking at a search engine optimization campaign, one of the first things you should consider about keywords for SEO is how it will affect your rankings. These rankings are directly correlated to site traffic. And we all know that site traffic correlates to increase in business at your dealership. So let’s get to it.
How to Choose Keywords for SEO
- Your first step should be to think about what keywords you would use to find a dealership like yours.
- Make a list of those keywords.
- Then utilize some of the keyword tools that are available to find other alternatives and options.
- After researching these keywords, go ahead, put them to the test.
- Create content associated with them and monitor their rankings over time.
- After a couple months or so see where you stand on your keywords compared to your competitors.
- Choose new keywords for SEO, if need be at this point.
- Stick with it. SEO is a lot like a diet. If you don’t stay on top of it, all your progress will only be temporary.
Our friends at Volusion put together a great video on how to choose your keywords for SEO.